Thursday, July 2, 2009

Status Update: Brooke can't access Facebook

Last summer while Mike was in Reno, my friend Katie said to me, "blah blah blah FACEBOOK" to which I responded, "Facebook? Oh, no, I don't have a facebook". Shock went across her face (Why? I mean, I don't have a cell phone, cable or high-speed internet so why be shocked over the lack of a facebook account? I dunno).
But shocked she was, and said, "Brooke, you MUST get a facebook account - you'll love it!" And so, I did. I started a facebook account. And I must admit to being, well, addicted.
I found myself posting status updates that read like this:
Brooke is "happy the sun is shining"
Brooke will "not wash dishes until DHEC says she must"
Brooke "likes quiet"
Brooke "hates poison ivy/sumac/oak"
And so-on and so-forth.

Eventually the new wore off as with most new toys. I was still checking my "Wall" and uploading pics with great regularity, but my statuses were pretty stagnant (ex: Brooke is "glad it's the weekend").

But then the unthinkable happened. Our server crashed and the IT folks decided to blame facebook (ie: all the apps & quizzes everyone was doing when they weren't doing work) and block facebook from our server. So, from now on, I can only check my facebook from home when I can pirate a neighbor's wireless connection. I can't even respond to people posting messages on my Wall or making a Friend Request.
So for all of you out there waiting to be my FB friend, keep waiting. Eventually I'll break down & let Mike have his way with the wireless router or what-not.

Until then ...I'm not pressing IGNORE, I'm just unavailable.

Status: Brooke is off to Shipwreck Cove with the kids ... will post pics later.

No comments: