Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesdays

It's another Wednesday afternoon ... I have with me three children and one baby. My house is not quiet, nor is it clean. Baby Girl is trying desperately to chew on as many toys at one time as she possibly can; the Big Kids are ... well, it sounds like they might be tearing down the house. I'm not sure that they're not, but I'm hopeful. The sun is shining, we've all napped, we've all got fully tummies (especially good if you're almost 6 months old) ...

So here's my thought/question of the day: How special are these days when we have nothing to do? When it's o.k. for the clutter to be more prolific than the residents of the house, when a little (o.k., a lot) of noise doesn't give me a raging headache, when we have time to ride bikes, blow bubbles, play with sidewalk chalk, take two-hour naps, or pretend to search for and find the massive remains of dinosaurs who roamed the earth billions of years ago?

So it's just another Wednesday. I'm trying to absorb it, to let in truly sink in and to remember it ... because how often do these days come and go with no notice?

No comments: