Monday, October 5, 2009

So I have this big goal of making a list of books and plowing through ... so I've been soliciting advice on facebook for "What to Read". And I was reminded that our friend, Sean, authored a book, The Letters. So maybe I'll start by re-reading something I liked the first time. But in the meantime, what are you reading? What suggestions do you have for my lofty "What To Read" list?

Would it be even better if I promised you updates as I'm reading? I certainly think it would make me more accountable - not at all like the book club that never was with my dear friend Martha Ann (we were supposed to be reading Wicked this summer, which she did but no one else did).

Did you know that my real and true dream in life is to own a book store? Yep. Preferably I'll own it when I'm independently wealthy, so its success or failure will matter not ... but I'd love to own a real bookstore. One with story hour in the fabulous children's literature section (with Martha Ann in character garb) and a quiet corner for parents to enjoy a book during story time ... and you know what? Because it will be my store, I think I'll even have a Breast-Feeding Room. Yes, you read that right. The La Leche League will love me. And the very best part will be that I will have unlimited opportunities to read all of the books I so dearly love ... ahhhh....

Waiting to hear from you, book lovers!

No comments: